Accepting Requests and Performing Engagements in Arizona
Updated: March 1, 2022
In order to avoid any ambiguity, this addendum specifically (and only) applies to you if you perform or provide Services to Customers in the state of Arizona. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Agreement and this addendum, this addendum shall control.
You acknowledge and agree that you are a “qualified marketplace contractor” and that Wonolo is a “qualified marketplace platform,” as defined in Arizona Revised Statutes Title 23. Labor § 23-1603 (Qualified marketplace contractors) (“§23-1603”).
In addition, you and Wonolo acknowledge and agree that:
A. You shall be treated as an independent contractor for all purposes under state and local laws, regulations and ordinances, including employment security laws prescribed in chapter 4 of Arizona Revised Statutes Title 23 and workers’ compensation laws prescribed in chapter 6 of Arizona Revised Statutes Title 23, and that all of the following apply:
- All or substantially all of the payment for the services you perform is related to the performance of services or other output.
- The services you perform are governed by a written contract executed between you and Wonolo.
- The written contract referenced in the above paragraph (which incorporates this addendum by reference to the extent you perform or provide Services for Customers in Arizona) provides for, and you and Wonolo specifically acknowledge and agree to, all of the following:
- That you are providing services as an independent contractor and not as an employee.
- That all or substantially all of your payment shall be based on the performance of services or other output.
- That you are allowed to work any hours or schedules you choose. If you elect to work specified hours or schedules, a contract may require you to perform work during the selected hours or schedules.
- That Wonolo does not and shall not restrict your ability to perform services for other parties.
- That you do and shall bear all or substantially all of your own expenses that you incur in performing the services.
- That you are and shall be responsible for the taxes on your own income.
- Either party to the contract may terminate the contract and the association created by the contract without cause at any time on reasonable notice given to the other party.