The world of work is going through profound changes. From the move towards freelance and gig economy workers, to increasing employment mobility, and the need to attract top talent, HR has never been more challenging.
It’s vital to understand what’s going on in the world of talent management and HR, so here are some of the blogs and influencers you need to be reading. From future trends to workplace initiatives, and best practice to building culture, there’s something here for everyone. Enjoy!
“TalentCulture is a metaphor for the social workplace, where participants share ideas and offer peer support through engaging digital forums, dynamic interest groups, and empowering blog content.”
Talent Culture is a blog focused on the modern workplace. HR expert and tech evangelist Meghan M Biro guides you through many of the challenges facing HR today, including recruitment, work trends, automation, reducing employee turnover, technology, and much more.
TalentCulture Post Picks
- Coexisting with Robots — The Future Workplace Reality
- How to Manage Talented, Yet Quirky Employees
- Servant Leadership: Real Accountability Is Investing in People’s Lives
- We CAN Talk About Race, Religion, and Other Polarizing Topics: A Leader’s Guide to Bold Inclusive Conversations
- Four Transformative Benefits Of AI In Hiring
- HR Technology: Three Routes on the Roadmap to Automation
- Criticism, Boundaries and Useful Feedback
TLNT — Talent Management and HR
“TLNT serves up news, analysis and opinion on the business of HR for human resource and talent management leaders and professionals. Topics covered include analysis and insight into talent and HR management, training and development, benefits, compensation, legal/ethics, and HR software and technology, among others.”
TLNT Talent Management and HR is a powerful mix of industry news, best practice, and thought-leadership. With posts in areas including HR Insights, Engagement, and Culture, there’s plenty of perspective and food for thought.
TLNT — Talent Management and HR Post Picks
- 6 Simple, Low-Cost Ideas to Get Your Company Started In Philanthropy
- HR Roundtable: What Is ‘Disruption’ and Do We Need It?
- 7 Benefits of Positive Emotion in the Workplace
- Best Practices In Starting a Continuous Performance Program
- 5 Myths Of Employee Engagement
- Better Reference Checking Is A Step To Ending Bad Behavior
- Managers Are Hoarding Talent: A Hidden Problem That’s Likely Hurting Your Firm
Rebels At Work
“Rebelliousness and restlessness are accepted qualities of entrepreneurs. But what about people on the inside of big organizations? How do they blaze new trails and find ways to change business as usual. What are their characteristics? Could they be an untapped resource for creating more innovative, engaged corporate cultures?”
Rebels At Work takes a slightly sideways look at HR. Rather than focussing on the “tried and true,” Lois Kelly and Carmen Medina write from a contrarian perspective, focussing on the disruptions taking place across talent management and employment. The result is a fascinating read that creates plenty of “Aha!” moments.
Rebels At Work Post Picks
- Grief and Growth at Work
- The Science and Art of Diverse Thinking
- Rebel for the Soul of Government
- Change is Collective Deviance
- Obsession and Controversy: One is a Rebel’s Friend; the Other his Enemy
- Smooth and Easy DOESN’T Cut It!
- On the Rebel Road
Steve Boese’s HR Technology
“I am currently the Co-Chair of the HR Technology Conference, the world’s largest gathering of the global HR Technology community, and a writer/editor for Human Resource Executive magazine.”
Steve Boese is a well-connected and informed HR expert, writing on technology and how it impacts HR and the changing workplace. The posts are strong on data and analytics, providing deep insight into both HR topics and economy and employment as a whole. In addition to well-sourced and researched articles, you can also find The “HR Happy Hour” podcast, discussing topics of interest to anyone involved in human resources.
Steve Boese’s HR Technology Post Picks
- The Changing Composition of the US Workforce
- How tough is it for US corporations right now?
- Code words for ‘Get ready for some layoffs’, ranked
- Take that for data: Who you hire and fire signals your culture
- Job Titles of the Future: Man-Machine Teaming Manager
- Most of the time, distractions are your fault
- Celebrating diversity in the organization
The Greenhouse.io Blog
Greenhouse.io is an HR recruiting and ATS software company, CEO Daniel Chait describes it as follows, “So I launched Greenhouse with a single goal: Make companies great at hiring. The response has been phenomenal. As more and more organizations have moved to Greenhouse, insurmountable recruiting bottlenecks have vanished, and hiring departments have become the well-oiled machines they always knew they could be.”
The blog is written in exactly the same vein. Featuring interviews with HR thought leaders, industry and event information, culture change, workplace reviews, and more, each post is extensively researched, providing deep insight for HR professionals.
Greenhouse.io Post Picks
- Greenhouse OPEN Speaker Series: Prioritizing People Team Growth with Katie Burke, Hubspot’s CPO
- The 5 Most Coveted Workplace Benefits to Attract Millennials
- Managers: Empower Your Team to Boost the Value of the Business
- Choose the Right ATS By Asking These Questions
- The 5 Modern HR Innovations Improving the Employee Lifecycle
- 4 Tips: How to Recruit and Hire the Right Remote Workers
- Strengthen Your Talent Community With Personalization
The Employer Handbook
The Employer Handbook is written by Eric B. Meyer, a partner in Dilworth Paxson LLP’s Labor & Employment Department. The blog itself has a strong legal element, with a focus on HR and employment law. Eric keeps the tone and content of the blog light, turning a dense, complex subject into an interesting, fascinating, and often amusing read.
The Employer Handbook Post Picks
- Looking to update your policy on sexual harassment? Maybe you’d like to see Facebook’s?
- Three key areas that could make 2018 the year of the employee handbook overhaul
- LGBT bias costs one employer the maximum amount allowed by law
- Take a page out of this employer’s playbook for dealing with FMLA and absenteeism
- Could your business withstand a tsunami of individual wage and hour claims?
- “No more babies” and “Pregnant, bye” are bad talking points for your managers
- I’m telling you. Bad things happen when the Board Chair plays matchmaker for her son, the CEO
Other Great HR Blogs
There are hundreds more HR blogs out there, here are some more of the best.
- BambooHR blog.
- Today’s Workplace.
- The Undercover Recruiter.
- Fistful of Talent.
- Evil HR Lady.
- Society for Human Resource Management.
- Performance Solutions Leadership Blog.
- HR Open Standards.
- People HR Blog
We hope you’ve found this useful. Be sure to checkout these HR blogs to learn what’s happening in the industry, and subscribe for all the latest information and innovation.