Looking for Providers of Portable Benefits and Jobs That Offer Living Wages? It’s Time to “Wonolo Up”
Using the Wonolo platform to find jobs comes with advantages you won’t get anywhere else. When you sign up to use the platform, you’ll gain important experience, you’ll have control over where and when you want to work, and you’ll get the chance to try different opportunities in industries that interest you.
And if all that weren’t enough, Wonolo also helps you connect with providers that offer extraordinary benefits and perks as part of our Wonolo Up program. Once you sign up for these portable benefits and perks, they are available to you whether you work jobs posted on the Wonolo platform or not, so they’re available to you whenever — and wherever — you need them.
Here are just a few of the ways you can enhance your working experience through the Wonolo Up program:
Take Advantage of Portable Benefits
Portable benefits are connected to you, as opposed to the companies you perform services for. That means you can take portable benefits with you from one job to another without worrying about lapses or interruptions in coverage.
There are plenty of temporary opportunities that do not offer essential benefits, like health insurance and retirement plans. That’s why we partner with industry leaders who can offer discounts on portable benefits to Wonoloers. For example:
- We have partnered with Starship, a free mobile health savings account, that can help you save, spend, and invest in eligible health expenses without any hidden fees.
- Overdue for a trip to the dentist? You can save up to 50 percent on dental care at over 272,000 dental access points nationwide through Bento.
- Even if you don’t have health insurance, you can still consult with a doctor or nurse through SAMI-Aid. SAMI-Aid offers an affordable, 24/7 online portal that can connect you with a medical professional within 15 to 60 minutes of scheduling an appointment.
Portable benefits allow temporary workers and independent contractors to continue enjoying the type of occupational flexibility they crave without losing out on crucial benefits and support.
Getting the Most Out of Your Earnings
Through Wonolo Up, Wonolo also partners with several providers that offer tools that can help you with everything from investing your money to building good credit, such as:
- Acorns: Wonoloers receive an exclusive $25 bonus from Acorns after creating an account and making their first investment in this easy-to-use app that makes it simple to save for retirement, build up an emergency fund, and much more.
- SeedFi: Wonoloers can create an account on SeedFi and build a Credit Builder Plan that can help them increase their credit score. SeedFi members who made their payments on time for six straight months saw an average credit score increase of 45 points.
- Keeper Tax: Tax time can be a stressful time for independent contractors, but Keeper Tax can help automatically catch tax write-offs that help gig workers save big money. As part of our partnership with Keeper Tax, Wonoloers can get custom content, resource support, and $30 off their tax filing.
Earn More By Working Jobs That Offer a Living Wage
Here at Wonolo, we are dedicated to enabling Wonoloers to find jobs on the Wonolo platform that offers at least the local living wage. In March of 2021, we went one step further and asked companies across the country to take the “Living Wage Pledge.”
So, what defines the “living wage” in your area?
Using the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Living Wage Calculator, you can estimate the cost of living in your community or region based on typical expenses, including food, housing, medical care, broadband, etc.
With this information, you’ll be able to determine the hourly rate you need to earn to support yourself and your family. Our goal is to use this data to encourage all businesses posting on the Wonolo platform to offer jobs that pay at least the local living wage.
Currently, more than 75 percent of the jobs posted on Wonolo offer workers at least the local living wage, and all of the jobs posted on Wonolo pay above the minimum wage.
Nowhere to Go But Up
Wonolo is on a mission to shape the future of work — enabling workers to find the jobs that work for them and the health, financial, and other resources that can help improve their lives. Through Wonolo Up, we aim to connect workers to third-party providers that will help them maintain the flexibility they enjoy from the gig economy and learn about benefits and perks that independent contractors often do not know are available to them. Through the Living Wage Pledge, we also aim to encourage businesses to bridge the gap between minimum wage and what is needed for an individual to provide for his/herself and their family. This is what Wonolo is all about. This is what Wonolo Up is for.
To learn more about this program, visit the Wonolo Up section of this website.
*The information provided on this webpage is for general information purposes only and should not be viewed as tax, accounting, legal, financial, or other professional advice. All information provided on the site is provided in good faith, however Wonolo Inc. does not make any representation or warrant of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information in this article. You should not act upon the information contained in this article without seeking the advice of an accountant, financial planner, or other appropriate professional.
**The description of the various products and services offered by Wonolo’s partners are only provided as a general overview of what may be available through the Wonolo Up partnership. Each partner determines the availability and scope of its product(s) and offering(s), which is subject to change. Please visit the partner’s respective website(s) for additional information and the applicable terms and conditions.